What the Fair Practices Commission does
The Fair Practices Commission is the organizational ombudsman for the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board of Ontario (WSIB). The Commission is an independent, neutral and confidential resource for injured workers, employers and service providers. We address current concerns about the fairness of services or treatment at the WSIB.
Our services are free of charge.
- look into individual complaints
- track complaint trends, identify system-wide issues, and recommend improvements to the WSIB.
- make or change WSIB decisions
- help with an appeal.
Who can make a complaint
- workers and their representatives or family members
- employers and their representatives
- external service providers
- WSIB employees who are also injured workers.